The vision of sustainability of Aperam Group combines the quest for profitability and expansion of businesses with equally ambitious eco-efficiency goals. In Aperam South America, the environmental guidelines are the result of an integrated policy, which also involves other areas of the Company, such as Quality and Health and Safety, guided by the following principles:
- Acting in accordance with the interests of future generations.
- Meeting all expectations of the environmental legislation in place.
- Managing all of its environmental impacts, making use of proactive actions and the most modern technologies available to either prevent or mitigate these impacts.
- Rationally using natural resources and inputs such as water and energy.
- Recycling waste and byproducts generated in its process, by returning them to the steel production or providing a proper disposal.
Since 2001, Timóteo unit has been certified by NBR ISO 14001 standard, which guides the set of rules and regulations for environmental management. In addition to the documented procedures and management tools to identify the impacts of its activities on the environment, the Company has the Environmental Management Programs (EMPs), aiming to eliminate or mitigate such impacts.