Stainless steel is the best option for your plant as well
Producing more, with lower maintenance cost and offering the market products with even better quality. If these are the targets for your sugar and ethanol plant, the solution is stainless steel. Grades 300 and 400 series are made available by Aperam South America and Aperam Tubes for the sugar and ethanol segment. They are already being used in the market with high performance and they are perfect for this segment since it needs material with high durability and high corrosion resistance under aggressive environment.
Thanks to its high corrosion resistance, easiness to clean and efficient heat transfer, Aperam products are increasingly being used on the cooking and evaporation systems of this segment.
The result is products with properties suitable to each step of production. The more stainless used in your plant, the more gains in productivity, easiness to clean, durability, corrosion resistance and preservation of the characteristics of sugar.
Stainless steel grades K39MD and K44
- Mechanical properties and high corrosion resistance enable the reduction of thickness.
- Reducing thickness of tubes enables higher heat transfer.
- Low roughness of tubes facilitates cleaning and reduces incrustation.
- Maintenance costs are reduced.
- Equipment have longer useful life.
- Gains in quality and price of sugar, presenting reduction of black spots in the product.
- Products are immune to corrosion under tension.
- Products are recommended worldwide for processing, transport and handling of food.
- Ferritic stainless steels have coefficient of thermal expansion similar to carbon steels.
- Easiness for welding and forming.
- All applications in sugar plants, except sulfidation, when grade 316L must be used.
- Pipes for conducting vinasse.
- Ideal for fermenters.
- Juice heaters
- Vacuum pans
Stainless steel grade K03
- Reduction in maintenance costs.
- High durability and better cost-benefit ratio.
- High abrasion and corrosion resistance.
- Significant thickness reduction and excellent competitive advantage.
- Laterais das mesas alimentadoras.
- Floors and sides of intermediate conveyor belts.
- Laterais do esteirão de cana.
- Coletores de caldo das moendas.
- Chute Donelly.
- Boiler gas washer.
- Bagasse conveyor belts, among others.
Stainless Steel Tubes
Aperam Stainless Services & Solutions Tubes Brazil has incorporated the units of Ribeirão Pires in São Paulo state (former lnoxTubos), Timoteo in Minas Gerais state (former Cetubos) and Montevideo in Uruguay (former Cinter) to the group. These units constitute a leading conglomerate in the seam-welded austenitic and ferritic stainless steel tubes market.
Capable of processing more than 60 thousand tons of stainless steel tubes per year, the group provides products to several industrial segments, such as sugar-ethanol, food and drink, automotive, pulp and paper, chemical and petro-chemical, structural and furniture, electrical resistance and refrigeration / white line and instrumentation.
Aperam Stainless Services & Solutions Tubes Brazil also guarantees to fully meet current and future demands, promotes constant technological development and it aims at serving customers with competitive deadlines and prices.
- Possibility of reducing thicknesses since there is no need to compensate corrosion-related losses.
- Reduction of black and magnetic spots in the sugar.
- Longer useful life, even if with thinner gauges.
- Low roughness, which reduces incrustation adherences and facilitates cleaning.
- Lower maintenance costs.
- Greater average heat-transfer coefficient (reduced incrustation and easiness to clean due to lower roughness).
- Larger internal surface area for heat transfer when thickness is reduced.
- Pipes in general